Mobile: ++ (972) 54-939-1742
2013 –present: Post-doctoral work at The Herzl Institute, Haifa University, on the subject of: "From Rebirth to the Skies" – Documentation of the Lives of Israeli Air Force Personnel who are Holocaust Survivors.
2006 – 2012: Ph.D. studies, BarIlanUniversity, The Program in Contemporary Jewry
Doctoral Thesis: Israel Defense Forces (IDF) and the Holocaust: The Approaches of the IDF Education Corps Toward Shaping the Memory of Holocaust Amongst Soldiers (1987-2004)
Supervisors: Prof. Dalia Ofer, Hebrew University; Prof. Judy Baumel-Schwartz, BarIlan University.
2003 – 2005: Wrote thesis equivalent, Hebrew University, The Institute for Contemporary Jewry.
Subject: Representation of "Holocaust and Heroism" in the [weekly] newspaper, Bamahane [published by the IDF], 1948-1973.
Supervisor: Prof. Dalia Ofer.
1994 – 1998: MA in Educational Administration, Department of Learning, Teaching and Training, Haifa University.
1981 – 1985: BA in History and the Bible, and Teaching Certificate for Secondary Schoolsin History and the Bible, Oranim College of Haifa University.
Jan. 2014 – Present: Post Doctorate, Herzl Institute for the Study of Zionism and History, Haifa University.
Feb. 2014 – Present: Guest Lecturer, Seminar on Holocaust and Heroism in Israeli Society, The Eshkol Studies Department, Department of Multi-Disciplinary Studies, Faculty of Humanities, Haifa University.
Member of the Israeli Association of Military and Social Researchers, Chair of Research Team on: The IDF and the Holocaust.
1994 – present: Director, the MashmautCenter (an acronym in Hebrew for: Heritage, Holocaust, Tradition, Values and Rebirth, the word means Significance), KiryatMotzkin.
The Mashmaut Center is a unique regional center, established at Lea Ganor's initiative in 1994 by the Municipality of Kiryat Motzkin and the Haifa District of the Ministry of Education.
- ØRepresentation of "Holocaust and Heroism" in theIDF: BamahaneArmy Newspaper and IDF Archival Documents, 1948-1973 in: Remembrance and the Holocaust – Dilemmas and Challenges, Nitza Davidowitzand Dan Soen, editors, The Ariel University Center of Samaria,Ariel Publications, Jerusalem, 2011, pp. 138-154. [in Hebrew]
- ØRepresentation of "Holocaust and Heroism" in theIDF: Bamahane Army Newspaper and IDF Archival Documents, 1948-1973 in: Remembrance and the Holocaust – Dilemmas and Challenges, Nitza Davidowitz and Dan Soen, editors, The Ariel University Center of Samaria, Austeria Publishing House, Krakow and Budapest, 2012.
- Ø"The Perception of Jewish Behavior and its Place in the Holocaust, in the Education Corps of the IDF: Changes and Trends, 1987-2004", in: Heritage Anthology for the Study of the Holocaust and Anti-Semitism, 70 Years[After] the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, Givat Haviva, Tel Aviv University, 92/93, April, 2013, pp. 256-284.
- Ø"Instilling Memory of the Holocaust in the IDF: Trends and Changes, 1987-2004, in: On the Agenda –a Collection of Articles and Thinking Points for the 2013 Work Year, Education and Youth Corps, Research and Development Division, December 2012, Tevet 5773.
Areas of Expertise
- ØThe Holocaust – Between History and Remembrance
- Ø Israeli Society and the Holocaust
- Ø The IDF and the Holocaust
- ØThe Holocaust in the Relationship Between the Army and Society
- ØFrom Rebirth to the Skies – the Contribution to the Air Force and to the IDF by Air Force Personnel who are Holocaust Survivors
- ØThe Didactics of Teaching the Holocaust
- ØWriting Research Papers
- ØThe Education System and the Holocaust.
- ØThe History and the Rebirth of the State of Israel.